Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Finally, Rain

We're having the most wonderful rain storm right now! It's been raining, hard, for the past 25 minutes. Very dark, wind came up and then the rain started. Love this. So happy for all my plants.

I'm home today, making blueberry lemon pound cake and brownies for staff meeting tomorrow. I just finished a sort-of interesting book, You Lost Me There, by Rosencrans Baldwin. I was interested in it because it takes place on Mount Desert Island in Maine. The main(e) character Victor (he lives in Somesville!) is a scientist studying Alzheimers at the Soborg Institute in Bar Harbor. It reminded me of that research facility we saw in Bar Harbor and wondered about. Of course the Soborg Institute is fictional! Anyway, the book is a lot about memories, and how people remember things differently. I didn't love it, but did love the references to Southwest Harbor, lobster pounds,  Acadia, and other places we saw last fall when we were there.

Library in Somesville, Maine, where I should be working

No comments:

Post a Comment