Friday, April 6, 2012

Friday Fleurs

Forget-Me-Nots (Myosotis)

I can't tell you how many pictures I have taken of these forget-me-nots. I just can't seem to get a good picture that captures the purest blue of these dainty little flowers. These plants tend to come and go for me. Some years I don't have any and other years they pop up all over the garden. This year I have 2 small clumps and they are blooming right now.


I also found these little pink lily of the valley peeking through some hostas. I bought a clump of them a few years ago at an Amish greenhouse in Lancaster County and they are slowly taking hold and spreading. I do love the pink ones.

Convallaria rosea
And finally, I counted the buds yesterday on my pink tree peony in the front perennial garden and there are more than 50 buds! Fif-ty. It's gonna be a show-stopping year, there will probably be traffic jams on my street.

Tree peony in bud

No comments:

Post a Comment