Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Relaxing in the Garden



The past few days I have been trying to relax and stay out of the garden. After all the work and primping of the garden last week, I felt like I couldn't face dragging the hose around, or doing much of anything outside. So on this beautiful June morning I took my tea outside and the newspaper (and can I just say how happy I am that the Board of Visitors reinstated UVA President Sullivan?) and sat on the deck to relax, listen to the birds,  and just enjoy the garden. But as I was gazing at my lovely fleurs, I noticed that one of my pots was getting a little droopy, so I got up to fill the watering can. And then I noticed that the birdbath needed fresh water. Get out the hose. And the snapdragons were falling over. Go look for some stakes. I realize that the pleasure I get from my garden is from being in it, being part of it.  I guess that's the relaxing part, not sitting and looking at it.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're relaxing! And so happy about Terry Sullivan!!

    ReplyDelete