Friday, January 11, 2013

Friday Fleurs


I had to take a field trip to get some pictures for today's Friday Fleurs. Not a thing blooming around here except for the poinsettias and you've seen enough of those.  So while out running errands yesterday I detoured to Merrifield to check out their orchids and winter flowering plants. I have never seen it so empty, only a handful of people walking around the greenhouse. I love to go there in the winter (if you can call this winter) and wander around the greenhouse. Their collection of orchids is truly amazing--all different types, all colors, minis,  all just beautiful. I love that chartreusey one, and the white ones just look like pure cream. They had lots of calla lilies blooming too, but I'm not really a fan of those so no pictures. Also kalanchoe and African violets, some bellflowers. They had a big selection of amaryllis in bud, wouldn't that be great to have a whole row of amaryllis, all ready to bloom at the same time? Spectacular. I'll have to think about that for next year.











No comments:

Post a Comment