Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Lovely Lacecap


Lacecap Hydrangea 'Bluebird' June
It's sunny and in the 70s right now--we are having a few rare days of lovely weather. As I walked around the yard this morning, it's mostly green right now with a few hydrangeas starting to bloom. I just planted a Limelight hydrangea which I bought at Espenshades in PA, but it probably won't bloom this year. The lacecap above is one I propagated from my first lacecap, and now it is bigger than the original.  The begonia below is from South Maple Nursery, one of our favorite greenhouses in PA. Rachel knows us now, after many years of coming to her in the spring, and she also makes the best cookies. She has the best selection of begonias, beautiful colors,  and they are truly a perfect bloom.
Begonias
Non-Stop Begonias at Shady Maple Greenhouse in PA

No comments:

Post a Comment