Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Star of the Show: Lavender

My lavender is amazing. I planted this hedge of 5 lavender 'Munstead' plants in 1990 and I have replaced 2. There might be a 'Hidcote' in there.  It must be just the perfect spot for lavender because it thrives in this area. I cut it back in the spring, and again after flowering, and it will flower for the rest of the summer. I have been working on this small bed for awhile, trying out different herbs. Right now it has rosemary, parsley, basil, several thymes, and oregano. And a sedum 'Autumn Joy' for some color and a purple heuchera squeezed in too. Oh, and of course Nepeta spilling around the edges. And some lily of the valley in the spring. Oh and some 'Ice Follies' daffodils, also planted in 1990. Pretty long-lived plants!

Lovely Lavender June


I went for a walk early this morning. It's another beautiful day and I don't mind walking in this weather. I like to check out other people's yards and gardens. Off to work now--

No comments:

Post a Comment