Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Nitsa Time


Nitsa visited us this weekend on her way home from the beach. She stopped here last week on her way down to Nags Head, and then again on her way back,  and stayed an extra day to visit.  We have been friends since at least 1980 when she was working at the same place as Walt, and she and I became fast friends. We used to spend a lot of weekends together at a friend's cabin on the Shenandoah River back in the day.  We had our girls within a few months of each other and our families shared many dinners and holidays until she moved away to upstate New York. So I don't get to see her very much anymore, but when I do, we have the best time. We went out to dinner, had some delicious Nutella donuts for dessert, drank some wine, spent a good part of the day at IKEA, and on Sunday made a summer dinner of teriyaki pork chops,  along with Armenian Country Salad. Readers--Nitsa is the original maker of Armenian Country Salad! The first time I had that salad was at Nitsa's house back in the 1980s, and it has been a favorite of ours ever since. I can't even think how many times I have made it. The perfect summer salad.  So fun to be with my pal Nitsa again.

Nutella donut
And I can't forget to mention what Nitsa always brings me from upstate New York! My own box of black and white cookies--yummo.


No comments:

Post a Comment