Monday, November 25, 2013

Winter Blooms


Well, my Christmas cactus is blooming right on schedule--during Thanksgiving week. Mine always seems to bloom early, no matter what I do, which means I will probably buy another Christmas cactus when I am in the nursery next time (because I can't resist them) and that's why I have so many Christmas cactus in my house. My new amaryllis arrived on Saturday from White Flower Farm, so I quickly unpacked it and watered it and put it in a sunny window. I'll keep you posted.



It's a busy week getting ready for Thanksgiving. I spent yesterday cleaning the house and cleaning the refrigerator, making room for the turkey and all the other food that is starting to make its way into the house. I think I've been to the grocery store every day for the past five days.

It's really really cold here right now, and we had lots of wind yesterday. My Japanese Maple was so pretty this fall, good thing I took this picture of it last week, as I think all the leaves are down now. There's not much of interest to take pictures of outside right now. We need some snow to pretty things up!


No comments:

Post a Comment