Friday, February 7, 2014

Books On My Nightstand


TransAtlantic, by Colum McCann.  A novel about crossings: of the Atlantic, of national borders, and emotional boundaries. Recommended by a friend.

Under the Wide and Starry Sky, by Nancy Horan.  I loved Horan's first book, Loving Frank, about the wife of Frank Lloyd Wright.  Her second book explores the life of Fanny Van de Grift Osbourne, the wife of Robert Louis Stevenson. Heard her on NPR and I was hooked.

The Lowland, by Jhumpa Lahiri. Looking forward to another great novel by Lahiri.

We Are Water, by Wally Lamb. I loved his first two novels back in the day--She's Come Undone, and I Know This Much is True. Am reading this one now.

Still Life, by Louise Penny. The first in the series that introduces Inspector Armand Gamache from Quebec. I have heard good things about this series and I want to read them!

The Language of Flowers, by Vanessa Diffenbaugh. My brother send me this book because he thought I would like it. About flowers? And I haven't read it?

No comments:

Post a Comment