Thursday, September 4, 2014

Books On My Nightstand



So many good books to read in September!  Here is what is on my nightstand right now.

  • The Invention of Wings, by Sue Monk Kidd. Have heard good reports about her latest book. 
  • Somewhere Safe With Somebody Good, by Jan Karon. Father Tim is back!  The latest Mitford book from Jan Karon. 
  • 10% Happier, by Dan Harris.  I'm interested in how the author (an ABC news anchor) used meditation and mindfulness to help his anxiety and increase his happiness. 
  • The Ice Princess, by Camilla Lackberg. Another book recommended by the mystery book club at my library. Several people came out of the meeting and told me I should read it. Well, okay!
  • The Vacationers, by Emma Straub. Good critical reviews, but mixed friends reviews.
  • The Family Man, by Elinor Lipman. I love Elinor Lipman and couldn't resist picking this one up the other day. If you haven't read her, you should.
  • Mister Owita's Guide to Gardening, by Carol Wall. I have had this book on hold for ages at the library and it finally came in. A memoir about a women's friendship with her gardener.

No comments:

Post a Comment