So many good books to read in September! Here is what is on my nightstand right now.
- The Invention of Wings, by Sue Monk Kidd. Have heard good reports about her latest book.
- Somewhere Safe With Somebody Good, by Jan Karon. Father Tim is back! The latest Mitford book from Jan Karon.
- 10% Happier, by Dan Harris. I'm interested in how the author (an ABC news anchor) used meditation and mindfulness to help his anxiety and increase his happiness.
- The Ice Princess, by Camilla Lackberg. Another book recommended by the mystery book club at my library. Several people came out of the meeting and told me I should read it. Well, okay!
- The Vacationers, by Emma Straub. Good critical reviews, but mixed friends reviews.
- The Family Man, by Elinor Lipman. I love Elinor Lipman and couldn't resist picking this one up the other day. If you haven't read her, you should.
- Mister Owita's Guide to Gardening, by Carol Wall. I have had this book on hold for ages at the library and it finally came in. A memoir about a women's friendship with her gardener.