Monday, January 5, 2015

Christmas at the U.S. Botanic Gardens



I know it's the New Year and Christmas is over, but of course I have to share photos from the U.S. Botanic Gardens. It's one of our favorite traditions at Christmas to visit the Botanic Gardens downtown and see their holiday display. We never get tired of seeing (and taking pictures of) the replicas of all the DC monuments, made entirely of natural plant materials. The details on the buildings are amazing.


The poinsettias this year were especially beautiful. Many were a smaller variety,  Euphorbia 'Princettia Hot Pink.'  They are more compact than the usual poinsettia, with smaller bracts, and I loved the bright colors.  I am definitely looking for this variety next year. The conservatory at the Botanic Gardens is one of my favorite places to wander about, especially welcome on a cold winter day. The holiday exhibit is an extra bonus.









No comments:

Post a Comment