Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Books On My Nightstand



Always important to have lots of good books for the holidays--


The Signature of All Things, by Elizabeth Gilbert--a novel about an 18th century female botanist.

The Woman Upstairs, by Claire Messud--"How angry am I? You don't want to know." Great first line. 

The Goldfinch--this novel has gotten rave reviews and the New York Times just named it one of the 10 best books of the year.

Sense and Sensibility, by Joanna Trollope--a contemporary version of the Jane Austen classic. I love most of Trollope's books, so am looking forward to this one!

Orphan Train, by Christina Baker Kline. Someone recommended this book to me, and I've had it on hold forever. 

O Pioneers, by Willa Cather--book club pick for January. We loved My Antonia.

No comments:

Post a Comment