Friday, December 20, 2013

Gingerbread Houses




The other day while at Reston Town Center I stopped to see the gingerbread village that the chefs at the Hyatt make every Christmas and display in the hotel's lobby. I've always loved gingerbread houses. I love every single gingerbread house I've ever seen.  I love the colors, the candy, the imaginative ways people decorate the roofs, the shingles, the windows, just everything about them. The more the better when it comes to gingerbread houses. And if there's a train running around it, all the better.




And of course it got me thinking about all the gingerbread houses I have made over the years. I started making them with my kids when they were little and we made them most every year. It was always a highlight of the Christmas preparations for me, making the gingerbread and cutting out the pieces of the house (no pre-made kits then), buying the bags of candy,  and watching my kids' faces when I pulled it all out and said we were going to make the gingerbread house.





2 comments:

  1. Oh what lovely memories. Great photos Ellen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, look at those little faces! And the houses look great!

    ReplyDelete