Friday, December 6, 2013

Orchid: Color of the Year


Breaking News: Pantone announced  yesterday that they have selected this luscious color for the 2014 Color of the Year. Last year the Color of the Year was Emerald (my fav) but I like the new color too. I find as I get older I like color more and more.

"While the 2013 color of the year, Pantone 17-5641 Emerald, served as a symbol of growth, renewal and prosperity, Radiant Orchid reaches across the color wheel to intrigue the eye and spark the imagination," said Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute in a news release Thursday. "Radiant Orchid inspires confidence and emanates great joy, love and health. It is a captivating purple, one that draws you in with its beguiling charm." 

I love that orchid color and it made me take a look at my own orchids. I have one that is almost exactly the color above. It's not blooming now, but my white orchid is blooming its little heart out right now.





And another one is waiting in the wings, sending up that spike that will soon be covered in blooms. Orchids are the best indoor flowering plant, as they are really easy care and when they do bloom, they bloom for months. Last year one of my orchids bloomed from February through July. Yea orchid! If you love the color too,  Lowe's will be carrying the paint, and it will undoubtedly carry over into fashion, furniture, and textiles in 2014. We'll see.


No comments:

Post a Comment