Thursday, March 27, 2014

Cold and Frozen Lake Erie


It was so fun to see a frozen Lake Erie this week when we were in Cleveland.  I haven't been back to Ohio much in the winter and Julia didn't remember ever seeing it frozen. I guess we mostly visit in the summertime.  So of course I had to take some photos. And as always when I am home, I was poking around my sister's house and found some old photographs that I had never seen, so I am including those here for my family to see. It was interesting to see some of my grandparents, my dad's parents, as young people. I only remember them as grandparents--old and stern!



My mom and dad

I love how my dad is looking at my brother Tom

My paternal grandmother, Grace Poynton--those clothes! that bow!

My paternal grandfather Frank Davis, as a young man

My great grandfather William Hamilton Davis

My dad (on right) and his brother Harry, probably in Washington, DC

My grandmother Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment