Sunday, June 26, 2011

Early Sunday Walk in Herndon





W and I were up early this morning, so we went for a long walk in Herndon. Here are a few of the gardens we passed by. The first picture is my favorite house in Herndon, on Monroe Street, but the picture doesn't do it justice. I didn't want to walk up into their yard to take a picture! I really enjoy my walks around town. I used to walk around a lot when the kids were little, but now it seems I'm always in car just passing through. So it's kind of nice to get to know the town again on foot.

 Later W went to Best Buy to look at laptops and I went to MGC and took a sample of my anemones. The guy I talked to wasn't sure what the problem is--he looked at it under a microscope and saw some mites, but he doesn't think that is the main cause. It might be a virus. Regardless, he said they are very hardy and he doesn't think it will kill them. Just make them look ugly, great. I also picked up a 6-pack of hummingbird salvias, to fill in a few areas in front garden. We need RAIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment