Monday, June 13, 2011

Garden Chores

Kousa Dogwood May

A beautiful day today--much cooler. I was up early and outside by 8:30 am and worked outside most of the day, until 3 or so, with a break for lunch and a little Casey Anthony trial. It's so interesting to watch a trial now that I have been a juror. I wouldn't want to be on that trial.
Hellebores and Hostas

I did a lot of pruning, cutting back (asters, geraniums, nepeta), moved my pots around, watered the dogwood (it's looking better), potted up some mint. Garden looks good, but we sure could use some rain! I have worked so hard in the gardens this year, it is so much work. I need to start thinking of ways to make it easier. Have been reading a couple of interesting books,  Gardening for A Lifetime, by Sydney Eddison and Embroidered Gardens by Page Dickey, both of whom are aging gardeners trying to make their gardens simpler, more maintenance free. Hmm, something to think about.

Hellebores and Hostas
We watched UVA baseball win an exciting game tonight. The Cavs were down 2-1 in the bottom of the 9th with 2 outs, bases loaded, they got a hit and won!! 3-2 and now they go on to the college World Series. Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment