Saturday, July 16, 2011

Sunny and Summery Saturday

My girl among the anemones

It is an absolutely beautiful day and I am so happy to not have to work today! W is cutting the lawn and I am sitting on the deck surveying the yard and what I want to do today. Just some general cleanup is all, I think. W needs to fix the flat tire on his bike and then is going to go for a run. I went for an early morning walk already. We may head downtown in the late afternoon. I think it would be fun to go into Georgetown and walk around in the early evening and maybe have dinner somewhere. We haven't been there in ages. We'll see.

Last night was our annual summer book group dinner. We went to Brix in Great Falls and sat outside on their patio. It's so nice there, especially when the weather is good.  We discussed Wench for about 10 minutes and then were off chatting about everything else in our lives.  Sue has a beautiful new grandson,  Mel is adjusting to an empty nest, Norene can't wait for Scott to go to college (and Steven to come home), Mary told us about her spiritual week last week when she saw and heard the Dalai Lama in D.C. and was hugged (twice) by "Amma" the hugging woman, and Gillian is enjoying her summer vacay away from preschoolers. We won't meet now until September, when we will discuss The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment