Sunday, July 10, 2011

Busy Sunday



Phlox 'David' from PA

I was out early working in the garden. Lots of weeds to pull, and old things like larkspur to pull out and scatter the seeds so I have more larkspur next year. I deadheaded alot of things, roses, coneflowers, yarrows, balloonflowers,  and daylilies, tied up the autumn clematis (again and again), watered. The garden looks pretty good, although it has been really hot with no rain, so things are dry. The lawn is parched, but I'm not going to water that. I have been watering the dogwood in front regularly and it is looking surprisingly good. Certainly better than it did earlier in the spring. 

Later in the afternoon I went to Costco to pick up some things, then W and I went to Teeter. Brooks is coming over for dinner and we're grilling flank steak, new red potatoes, fresh green beans. 

No comments:

Post a Comment