Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Dad's Sprinkler

How weird is it taking a picture of a sprinkler?
I was out early this morning watering and was able to get Dad's sprinkler working again! I'm so happy because I love that sprinkler. It's the perfect sprinkler.  Today I have to make a dessert for tonight's Salad Sampler dinner at Dixie's house. I think I am going to make Dorie Greenspan's Crunchy and Custardy Peach Tart from her Baking Book. It looks delish and I got some nice peaches at Wegmans on Sunday.

Well, it was an interesting day as the power went out this morning as I was talking on the phone to Evie! It did not come back on until 3 or so, so I ended up taking my pie over to Gillian's and baking it at her house. Thank God the power did come back on, and the A/C as well. It is 100 degrees today. Ah, summer...days like this I think about Dad growing up in Washington, D.C., and his talking about sleeping in the attic of a rowhouse on East Capitol Street and how hot it was.  I guess so!

No comments:

Post a Comment