Sunday, July 17, 2011

Sunday

We went into Georgetown about 4:30 yesterday. We walked around for awhile, checked out the new CB2 store on M Street, then wandered down to the canal and surprisingly found ourselves by my favorite cafe, Cafe La Ruche! Hmm, what a coincidence. We had gazpacho and quiche (me) and salade nicoise (W). We sat outside in the little garden and it was so nice, sitting there enjoying the nice weather and people watching. I think it's the first time I have not had a patisserie at La Ruche!

My fav
Cold gazpacho on a warm night

Then we walked some more, choosing the side streets and neighborhoods of Georgetown rather than the main drag. We did see a cool restaurant, Neyla, that looked really good and we want to try sometime. The lines at Georgetown Cupcake were amazing! They were out the door and over a block long. No cupcakes for us!
Canal in Georgetown
Cute house in Georgetown
This could be my house

W worked on his bike this afternoon and got the tire changed. I went to Wegman's and we had blue cheese burgers and fresh corn for dinner tonight. A nice weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment