Friday, June 20, 2014

Greens: June

Anemones, Solomon's Seal, Geranium

I think one of the reasons I like to garden so much is because I just like being surrounded by all those calming shades of green. I love all the greens of my garden as much as I like the blooms. They are such a good backdrop to all the colors of spring--daffodils and snowdrops, larkspur and peonies-- and then they really come into play when the colors die down and the greens become the backbone of the garden for the rest of the summer. And greens are so fresh and cool in the hot days of our summer.  I have pockets of color coming in the summer--zinnias, asters, daisies, coneflowers--but really the garden is the greens.  I love to take photos of all the greens at different times of the year,  so here you go~~June greens.

Kousa Dogwood

Hellebores, Hosta, Japanese Painted Fern, Anemone


Styrax tree

Mini Hosta

Lady Fern

Euphorbia, Hosta, Sedum

Echinops

Variegated Alyssum

Hosta 'June'

Sorrel, Lime Thyme


Variegated Solomon's Seal
'Limelight' Hydrangea

No comments:

Post a Comment