Wednesday, June 25, 2014

New Gardening Books


When this new collection of gardening books came into the library recently, these colorful covers about four of my favorite plants definitely caught my eye and I snapped them all right up.  (Well I do like dahlias, but I'm not having much luck with them. Out of the four tubers I planted in May only one has come up. That one is doing well, though!)

But I do have a lot of snowdrops, sedums, and salvias, so it was fun to look through these books. The books are published by Timber Press, in association with the Royal Botanic Gardens at Kew, and are written by experts on each plant. The photography in the books is beautiful, with gorgeous close-ups and showing the plants in different gardens and alongside companion plants. There are recommended cultivars and tips on growing and using in the home garden.   I think they would be a good addition to any garden library!

And aren't they pretty?




No comments:

Post a Comment