Thursday, February 23, 2012

Tulips Keep Me Going


I love tulips and during the winter I buy them almost every week when I go to Whole Foods on Fridays. I am partial to white tulips, but I try and branch out now and then, like with these orangy-yellow ones. Tulips get me through the winter.

It's supposed to be in the 70s today--so I think I have no choice but to get outside and do a few things in the garden, right? It's hard to know what to do--it's so warm, but is it going to get cold again?  At the very least I can start thinking about all the things that need to be done in the garden. One thing I can do is cut back the old leaves on the hellebores, so that I can see the flowers. They get hidden in all the old foliage.  I am meeting Liz for breakfast this morning (french toast, yum) and then have to do a Costco run, but I'm hoping I can get a few hours in the garden this afternoon. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment