Friday, February 8, 2013

Friday Fleurs: Orchid



Thank goodness for orchids in these gray days of winter. It's always a treat when one starts to bloom and the best part is they will stay in bloom for months. This one is a small grocery store specimen that someone brought me less than a year ago, and this is its second bloom. It's in a tiny little pot and it has several more buds on it as well as these first blooms. I usually keep my orchids in a sunny window upstairs to get the maximum light, and then when they start to bloom I move them around the house.

Unfortunately, this is the only white I'll be seeing today. I am so jealous as I watch the news and see the snow falling farther north. We just missed this East Coast blizzard and are only getting heavy rain today and maybe some flurries tonight.




No comments:

Post a Comment