Monday, February 18, 2013

Sunday Drive


Yesterday was a really cold day, and Walt and I decided to take a drive out towards Aldie, Middleburg, and The Plains, taking back roads as much as we could and trying to find our way without the GPS. We kept crossing over this creek and of course I stopped the car every time to take a picture. We saw lots of horses and cows, lots of open fields, and of course my favorite stacked stone walls. We got out in Middleburg and walked around for awhile, stopping in a few shops and a cute little coffee shop for cappucinno. We also stopped in The Plains, one of my favorite little towns. There's not much there, just a few restaurants and a shop or two, but for some reason I really like that town, must be because they have one of the best little garden shops in Virginia, The Bittersweet Garden.




I could take pictures of these walls all day long, and especially the flower-like lichen. What a great color.




1 comment:

  1. My mom and I drove out to The Plains years ago because she wanted to eat lunch at Robert Duvall's restaurant. It was closed when we got there. Jackson was about 2 or 3 so we had lunch in a diner next to the railroad tracks and he ate his lunch watching trains go by.

    ReplyDelete