Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Books On My Nightstand



Nano, by Robin Cook. My guilty pleasure, I confess. I love Robin Cook's creepy medical thrillers.

And the Mountains Echoed, by Khaled Hosseini. Great reviews for this latest book by the author of The Kite Runner.

The Interestings, by Meg Wolitzer. Six kids meet at a summer camp for the arts in the 70s and the book follows their lives over the next 40 years.

The View From Penthouse B, by Elinor Lipman. Recommended by my pal JoAnn as a great summer read.

The Garden of Evening Mists, by Tan Twan Eng. A retired Malaysian judge and survivor of Japanese wartime camps leaves Kuala Lumpur and goes back to the tea plantation where she grew up. Memories of the Japanese occupation of Malaya are interwoven with the beauty and spirituality of the Japanese garden she tries to restore.

Family Album, by Penelope Lively. Things are not what they seem behind this happy family.

No comments:

Post a Comment