Thursday, October 24, 2013

Books On My Nightstand



How The Light Gets In, by Louise Penny. The latest in the Inspector Gamache series, set in Canada. This series has been recommended to me by several readers at the library.

Never Go Back, by Lee Child. Oh, that Jack Reacher, he's the best.

Abide With Me, by Elizabeth Strout. I'm on an Elizabeth Strout kick now after reading The Burgess Boys. This is one of her earlier books about a young minister who loses his wife.

Trespasser, by Paul Doiron--I'm anxious to see what's up with Maine game warden Mike Bowditch in the second of the series.

Dear Life, by Alice Munro. I've enjoyed Alice Munro's short stories, so will read this newest collection which just won her the Nobel Prize.

Someone, by Alice McDermott. One of my favorite authors, I've been looking forward to this, her latest novel. She's such a good writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment