Thursday, October 10, 2013

Finally, Fall


I love fall. As much as I love my garden and being outside in it, I like this winding down season, I like the changes the cooler weather brings. And it is finally getting cooler around here and we even are getting some rain at long last.  I may be the only person in the world who likes when the days get shorter and when it starts getting dark earlier. Yesterday I finally tore out all the zinnias in my small mailbox bed (they did so well this year!!) and planted some fall lovelies.  Sometimes I plant mums, but this year I decided to go with pansies and two different kinds of kale, and a swiss chard.

As I was driving home from the nursery, I couldn't help taking a picture of the truck in front of me with this giant pumpkin tied on the back. So funny.


1 comment: