Thursday, April 10, 2014

Emerging

Perennial Garden

I love these early days of spring.  I find the garden so beautiful when the ground is still bare but you can see shoots and leaves and florets--and all that lovely green-- emerging.  I like to walk around my garden and greet all the plants (oh yea,  you're back!)  that are waking up from the winter. I like to see the garden in its bare bones, assess the placement of plants and what I might change or what I can add.  I love to clean out the leaves and winter debris to find a clump of hellebore babies coming up. Larkspur seedlings are popping up all over.   I love to see all the shades of green, so fresh. The greens seems to brighten overnight. It's such a miracle, truly.


Cherry

Tall Snowdrops

Lilac

Hellebores

Hosta

Golden oregano

Peony

Bleeding Heart

Viburnum carleisi

Rhodo

Peony

Phlox

No comments:

Post a Comment