Monday, November 21, 2011

Books On My Nightstand


I thought it was time for another look at the books on my nightstand. JoAnn and I talked last week and we traded book ideas again, as she was getting ready for  a trip and needed something to read. So here is what I am reading and getting ready to read right now.

The Affair, by Lee Child. I love Jack Reacher. Need I say more? 

Steve Jobs, by Walter Isaacson. I am reading this right now and could not put it down when I first started it. He's kind of a wacky person as we all know, but the story of the beginning of Apple and the development of computers is fascinating.

The Garden in Autumn, by Allen Lacy. I always have a gardening book going and this is one by a classic garden writer that I am re-reading now.

Cold Sassy Tree, by Olive Burns. For my book group next week. I have never read this, so am looking forward to it as it was very popular back in the day.

The Bird Artist, by Howard Norman. While weeding out the fiction section in the library last week, this book caught my eye because of the title and because it is set in Newfoundland. The Shipping News (also set in Newfoundland) is one of my favorite books, so this one interested me.

The School of Essential Ingredients, by Erica Bauermeister. Recommended by JoAnn and about a woman who teaches a cooking class and and the stories behind the people in the class.

The Virgin Suicides, by Jeffrey Eugenides. I am listening to Middlesex right now and am enjoying it so much that I picked up his first book, recommended by Biff.

True Pleasures: A Memoir of Women in Paris, by Lucinda Holdforth. JoAnn sent this to me after reading it and thought I would like it.

Middlesex, by Jeffrey Eugenides. Great book. I am listening to it on CD and often drive long distances so I can continue listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment