Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Julia Coming Home!

Rainy Tuesday
It's a rainy morning and I am getting ready for Julia coming home today from Chapel Hill.  I work until 9 tonight,  so I am making a chicken pot pie for her and Walt for dinner. It's a busy week, getting ready for Thanksgiving, although my only job is to make pies, as we are going to Bob and Carol's for Thanksgiving Day. Julia is going to make rolls again--JoAnn's buttermilk rolls --which she first tried last year.  It took two attempts, phone calls to JoAnn, but her first (well, second) try at yeast rolls turned out delicious.

In garden news, those bulbs I got last week were planted on Sunday. Well, I came outside on Monday morning to find squirrels had dug up at least three of them! So mad! I replanted, and we'll see how it goes...What is it with the animals around here? Squirrels, skunks, groundhogs...They must just have a party around here at night.

I was looking for some color in the garden this rainy morning, and found these pretty oakleaf hydrangeas.


2 comments:

  1. flipping squirrels.
    i like your leaf pix.
    happy thanksgiving to all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks pat. happy thanksgiving to you guys too. I think you're having a big crowd? have fun!

    ReplyDelete