Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Early Morning Walk

Viburnum 'Carlesii'
My viburnum 'carlesii' is getting ready to bloom! Also called the koreanspice viburnum, it has the most amazing fragrance, and because it is right next to the sidewalk in front of my house, people walking by always comment about it. When it is blooming, I can smell it when I walk out of the house. It is covered in buds like these and it should bloom later this week.  I love walking around town and seeing what is happening in other people's yards. After nine months of taking pictures almost every day, it is even more of a miracle this year to see the colors of spring appearing. Even though it hasn't been much of a winter, it was gray and colorless nonetheless and when I see anything starting to show color, I am so excited and I am taking pictures!


Weeping cherry

Pretty daffs

Gillian's yard

No comments:

Post a Comment