Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Spring Morning


I just got back from a lovely hour long walk around town. It is a beautiful sunny morning and I am so excited  because there are just so many things to take pictures of now. What a change from the gray days of a month ago. Now there are all shades of green everywhere you look, with the colors of spring--pinks, purples, yellows, apricots-- just beginning to show. I noticed this magnolia tree yesterday as I drove by in my neighborhood and it was just beginning to bud. Today on my walk it is in full bloom. There are a lot of white magnolias, too, but I like the pink ones best.


And then I passed by these beauties. They make me think of cantalope.


And I love, love this crazy chartreusey daffodil. Gotta get me some of these.


And I couldn't resist going up on my friend Gillian's front porch and taking a picture of her pansies.


And talking about color, I pass by this corner on my walk in town, and while I love the greens, what is up with that pink house? What were they thinking? When they first built it everyone was in shock as it looks like a beach house stuck in the middle of town.  You can see there is a green house on the right of it and a yellow house to the left. Yikes. It's like our own kind of horrible version of Charleston's Rainbow Row!

Wine shop on the right

Gotta love that red door

Beach house in town??

No comments:

Post a Comment