Thursday, October 18, 2012

Pumpkin Time

Love these pink ribbon pumpkins in Leesburg

On our way back from New York, we stopped at a few places for pumpkins, and I have had fun this week placing them around the garden. We started out with a cheap and cheerful pumpkin in N.Y. for $2, then stopped along the way in Thurmont, Md., and Leesburg for a few more. Pumpkin time is the best, always free cider and I love to pick up a basket of apples, too (applesauce, apple dumplings). And gourds of course, I am kind of obsessed with gourds.  Then yesterday I was reading about this place in Linden, Va., that is famous for its apple butter donuts--don't those sound delicious? Walt and I may be taking a field trip out there some Saturday morning soon. Love fall.

Thurmont, Md.

I'd like this in my yard
Such pretty countryside




No comments:

Post a Comment