Monday, April 29, 2013

April Greens

Bleeding Heart 

 It's no secret that green is my favorite color, and I take lots of pictures in the garden of all the different shades of green, and this month I wanted to document the spring greens. It's such a dramatic change in the spring when everything starts to change color. All that gray and brown from the winter gradually disappears, and it's just so miraculous to me every year as the color comes back into the landscape. The grass gets greener, the trees take on color, and of course all the plants. There's something special about spring greens and it makes me remember that my favorite color in the Crayola box was always Spring Green!

Hostas

Creeping Jenny and succulents

Akebia vine

Tree Peony

Front perennial garden mid-April

Boxwood

Euphorbia 'Ascot Rainbow'
Euphorbia 'Chameleon'
Wild Ginger (Asarum)
Coreopsis
Tree Peony foliage
Japanese Maple
Sedum

No comments:

Post a Comment