Thursday, April 12, 2012

Around the 'Hood

Wisteria

Yesterday I took some pictures as I walked around my neighborhood and there were some beauties to see. First was the tree peony down the street, which is planted by a mailbox right on the street for everyone passing by to admire. What a good idea to plant something this beautiful by your mailbox. I wonder if the mailman appreciates it?  This pretty pink tree peony is in its glory right now, and is sure a treat to see as I walk by in the mornings. It has been there for years and I look forward to seeing it every year.

Tree Peony

I took this photo of the same tree peony a week ago when it was just getting ready to burst.  What a yummy color. Reminds me of strawberry buttercream on the cupcakes I get at Cakelove!


And yesterday morning, in all its glory.


And the crabapples. Is there anything prettier than walking under a crabapple tree? No, I don't think so.

Crabapple blossoms

And my favorite guy up the road has quite a show going on right now with his wisteria. His is shaped into tree form,  which makes it interesting all year long, even when it is finished blooming. I love how you can see his tree peony (also pink) through the wisteria blossoms. And the fragrance...

Wisteria (with tree peony in background)

No comments:

Post a Comment