Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Unfurling Hostas










I love to watch my hostas emerge in the spring--all the different shades of greens, the textures and translucence of their leaves.  A few of mine have some frost damage but I took these pictures this morning and these look pretty good. I have a lot of different varieties, I know I have 'May,' 'June,' 'Guacamole,' 'Mouse Ears,' 'Elegans,' 'Halycon,' and 'Paul's Glory,' and several more, but I don't know which is which anymore. Those little plant markers are long gone.







This one is a mini hosta

2 comments:

  1. It's amazing how far ahead your garden is from Evie's. We have no sign of a hosta leaf, nor any color to speak of, just brown, left over from last year, a few green shoots. I liked your blog on bleeding hearts, makes me want to get some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hostas in the spring too. Great pix. Ours are just barely starting to show.

    ReplyDelete