Monday, April 30, 2012

A Fresh Coat of Paint


We had everything we need this weekend, weather-wise, a nice long steady rain on Saturday that will make the plants very happy, and a warm sunny day yesterday. I was working most of yesterday, so I didn't get a lot done outside this weekend. But I did start painting my benches. I use these on the deck for some of my pots. I think I have gotten all three of these benches up in Lancaster County. There is a little antiques store up there that we always visit, a mix of junk and flea market finds, and they always have a good stash of cheap and cheerful benches that can be painted up. I think we have all bought a few at this shop. They last longer if you slap on a new coat of paint every year. I use leftover cans of paint from my many different attempts at painting my front door.


Walt finished fixing one of my birdhouses, and I shellacked all my gourd birdhouses. I try to shellac them every year so they look nice and shiny. This one is my favorite, as it hangs right outside the kitchen window and I like to watch the finches that dart in and out.


Today I am going to start thinking about the plants I need to get up in Lancaster County, as Prudy, Eileen, Judy and I leave on Thursday for our annual plant buying weekend. We all take our own cars so we can load them up. For many years Prudy and I drove together, but the stress of packing all those plants into one car just became too much and I had to buy a bigger car! So now I can drive too.

No comments:

Post a Comment