Friday, April 27, 2012

Friday Fleurs


Well, just a week ago I was surrounded by my lush, lovely tree peonies. This morning, all that remains are petals everywhere!


And so the garden moves on, and now the regular herbaceous peonies are just coming into bloom. I have a border of them along the garage, five or six plants that my friend Julie gave me when we moved into our house 23 years ago. She was moving, and so, being a good friend,  dug up plants from her yard for my new garden. These peonies are the old-fashioned singles, meaning they are don't have as many petals as other types, they are a simpler peony and not as full. There are also semi-doubles and doubles, which are probably more popular and you see more often. I like these old-fashioned ones.



Just starting to bloom in my front garden are the lychnis (pink) and the baptisia (blue). When the baptisia are in full bloom, the blue is just spectacular.

It's supposed to be a cool and rainy weekend, so probably won't get much done in the garden, especially since I will be working all day on Sunday.

Lychnis
Baptisia

No comments:

Post a Comment