Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Wisteria Wednesday


 I don't have wisteria in my garden, but I have sure been enjoying it as I walk around my neighborhood this spring. It's another one of those plants that when I see it in the spring I think why in the world don't I have that? But I have had it in the past, and it's so aggressive, and not that pretty the rest of the year, but it sure is a show stopper right now.







While reading up on wisteria I came upon this photo of what is supposedly the most beautiful wisteria tree in the world,  at the Ashikaga Flower Park in Tochigi, Japan. The 143-year old tree has beams supporting its branches, creating this spectacular umbrella effect. Isn't it something? I might have to go to Japan.  For an amazing virtual tour of the park, go here.

Photo credit: Takahiro Urano

No comments:

Post a Comment