Friday, August 5, 2011

Anemones

Anemone "September Charm"

My anemones are just about ready to pop. I kind of like them in this stage, but in a week or so there will be masses of pink. They are still afflicted with some type of virus (I think) , but it doesn't seem to affect the flowers. Well, we'll see, they're not blooming yet.


Today is going to be a beautiful day, in the 80s. Too bad I have to go to work. I did work outside last night after dinner for an hour or so, deadheading, hoeing, weeding, and watering. I planted some more thyme between the pavers in front. Some have taken hold, but I had some bare spots that I am trying to fill. I usually put allysum between these pavers, but am starting to like the thyme, especially cause it's more permanent and I don't have to plant it every spring.

Established thyme
Alyssum between pavers

No comments:

Post a Comment