Monday, August 15, 2011

Vacation Plans


W and I finally made a decison about our vacation and we are going to Arizona and the Grand Canyon! I have never been there, and it is one of those places that is on my "Must See" list. I keep thinking I am going to make that list of all the places we need to see, but haven't actually made the list yet. I see people that do "30 Things I Want To Do Before 30," but I don't know about "60 Things I Want To Do Before 60"!! That's a lot of things to do.

 Last year we went to Maine (also on The List), and we loved it so much there and thought of going back this year, but in the end we decided to try something new. So this weekend we mapped out a rough itinerary, and made our plane and rental car reservations. We will go straight from Phoenix to Sedona and spend a few days there, then head north to the Grand Canyon, and hopefully spend a few days there if we can get a room at one of the places near the Canyon.  After that, we are still thinking...Zion National Park (one of Brooks's favorite places on his trip), Monument Valley, Lake Powell?  I guess I have to do some more research. We only have a week. I'm so excited! Any recommendations are welcome!

3 comments:

  1. Grand Canyon, how exciting. Loved Sedona. All those parks sound great, I don't think you can go wrong. Get some hotels now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should always have a Top Ten wish list of places you want to visit. For a long time, my list included Ireland, Paris, Chicago and Richmond. Then within about 5 years, I went to all four! Now my list has eastern side of Ireland, south of France, Seattle and San Juan Islands, Bermuda and Chattaqua.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The trip sounds awesome. If you can fit Zion in, go for it. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete