Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Books On My Nightstand

JoAnn and I talk about books alot, and awhile ago we started sending each other a list of the books we have on our nightstands--there are too many to discuss in detail, so we just send a list. Then we talk about them later, after we have read them. Then we do it again, a few months later.  I like that idea, of getting a glimpse into what someone is reading. So as of today, here are the books on my nightstand.

Maine, by J. Courtney Sullivan (reading now)
The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks, by Rebecca Skloot (book group next month)
Bird By Bird, by Anne Lamott (love her)
Caleb's Crossing, by Geraldine Brooks
State of Wonder, by Ann Patchett (JoAnn loved it)
Silver Girl, by Elin Hilderbrand (chick lit)
The Privileges, by Jonathan Dee
Summer Without Men, by Siri Hustvedt
Imperfect Birds, by Anne Lamott
Nothing To Be Frightened Of, by Julian Barnes (an oldie that I like to re-read sometimes)
Our Life in Gardens, by Joe Eck and Wayne Winterrowd (garden essays, good for when I can't sleep)

2 comments:

  1. I have read State of Wonder which I thought was one of the more interesting books I've read in a long time and really enjoyed it. The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks I found depressing and sad.

    ReplyDelete