Friday, August 19, 2011

Sedum 'Autumn Joy'


One of these days my garden is going to be solid sedums. I always avoided planting them in the past, thinking they were somewhat "common" and not special enough for my garden. But a few years ago I bought two up in Pennsylvania, and they have become one of my favorite plants. They are pretty from the very first rosettes that appear in the spring and I especially love them now, when they are all different shades of green, before they eventually turn pinkish in the early fall and then rusty in the late fall. They stand up tall, don't need any staking and pretty much always look good. They thrive in our climate and seem to be pest and disease free. I have bought several others, and I can see why people plant whole beds of them.

After the storms last night, it is beautiful today. I am  off to work today, and then am meeting Liz for dinner tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment