Monday, October 24, 2011

Finally, Pumpkins


I feel like I have been looking for pumpkins for weeks. The places I usually go to didn't have any this year, and the minis are expecially hard to find. On Sunday afternoon, Walt and I drove out past Leesburg and towards Purcellville,  thinking we would surely find a pumpkin stand there. A place we usually stop  for apples had a pitiful selection (so we bought a pie instead).  We kept going and ended up in Berryville at a farm market which actually had the fifth largest pumpkin in the world on display, 1600 pounds! They brought it up from North Carolina and had to use a forklift to move it. I can't believe I don't have a picture of it. You'll have to take my word for it.

Love these warty pumpkins


We took a few back roads and ended up driving by a Christmas tree farm that we used to go to when the kids were little,  on Snickers Gap Road. Isn't that a great name? The farm looked so pretty--I love the baby Christmas trees, and all that green.


And of course I had to look back and find a picture of us cutting down our Christmas tree at that very same farm, over 20 years ago.

Walt and Brooks, 1989

No comments:

Post a Comment