Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Orchid Emergency


I have several orchids and I take good care of them, watering regularly, fertilizer, etc. The other day when I went to water this one it was covered in ants. Ugh. I had to immediately take it outside, pull it out of the pot and discard all the orchid mix, rinse off the orchid roots and then I let it sit for a day in the garage to make sure all the ants were gone. Then it was back in a new pot with fresh orchid mix and hopefully it will be blooming soon, after that little shock to its system. This one has beautiful big white orchid flowers. I used to be afraid of orchids, all those weird root thingys, but they are actually very hardy. And in case you are wondering, yes, I have quarantined the other two orchids and am keeping a close watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment