Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Amaryllis Update

I know you have all been on pins and needles waiting to see what was happening with my amaryllis bulb. Well, yesterday I brought it up from the dark basement where it was hibernating, trimmed off the dead leaves and the dead papery tissue around the neck of the bulb. Then I took out about an inch of the soil in the pot and refilled it with fresh soil.

From what I have read, you do not re-pot it, just replenish the soil. Then you water once, only once, everyone stresses that, and then put it in a warm and sunny spot, and wait for some sign of life. So we will see. I hope it works, as it was a really pretty amaryllis. If it does work, it won't bloom until late January, which is fine with me. I've tried this before with no success, but you can always hope, right?


It's going to get colder today and we might even see some snow tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment