Monday, December 19, 2011

Poinsettias

I love poinsettias. I didn't always like them, but there are so many pretty ones now, and I like the idea of live Christmas plants and greenery being the decorations. I had this great idea for a post--I wanted to take pictures of all my favorite colors of poinsettias, and those that I hate. Those would be the glitter poinsettias. Last year you could get them in all kinds of weird colors, purple, lavender, silver,  ugh. They go right along with the blue orchids. But guess what, there is not a glittery poinsettia to be found this year, at least that I could find.  Maybe other people felt like I did. There was just something so wrong about glitter on a live plant.

So here are some of the pretty poinsettias that I have seen this year.

Palest pink
Love this mottle pink one
Pink and green is always good
These spotted ones are a favorite
And look what I found at Trader Joe's this weekend--glitter poinsettias. These are the minis, however,  and I hate to admit it, but I kinda like them. I bought two, after all.


And in case you are wondering, I don't keep them. Sometime in January, they go in the compost.

No comments:

Post a Comment