Friday, July 6, 2012

Friday Fleurs



I am surprised I have any flowers left to show with this heat wave we are having. It is 82 degrees at 7 am and 100 degree temps are predicted for the next three days. I have been going out every morning as soon as I wake up and watering all my pots, and by the afternoon they are wilting.  I have moved some of the pots that seem the most stressed into the shade, and cut some things back a little. I have noticed that some of my hostas that are in some sun are pretty much fried. Some flowers, however, seem to thrive in this heat--the coneflowers, the phlox, daylilies. I took these pictures at 8:30 last night, the coolest time in the garden these days.
Daisies and purple coneflowers
Pink yarrow
Globe thistle
Phlox, daylilies, purple coneflowers

No comments:

Post a Comment